Re: Playing .bin files in mplayer and xine

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:20:11 +0200, Klaus Imgrund wrote:

> If it is a vcd or svcd it should work with mplayer if - and thats a big
> if - whoever made it was compliant to the standards.

mplayer is usually my first try (even before Xine), but in this case, it
couldn't play the SVCD. There may weel be some kind of standards
violation, as mplayer can't play the burned SVCD either. Xine seems to be
more forgiving or more correct; I don't know which.

The MPEG extraction procedure via vcdxrip works with both players.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!