Re: 855GM chipset supported?

On Sat, 2003-08-30 at 10:13, Joan Tur wrote:

The 855GM chipset is supported by Xfree86 v4.3, which has not yet
reached Debian official sources. You can easily install it from
'unofficial' sources. Check out the howto in my .sig, which has
applicable information (but for the Intel 845G). There are other XFree
sources available (eg for Debian Woody, Sarge or Sid) at
www.apt-get.org.
Driver status:
http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/Status17.html#17
Return to Castle Wolfenstein has a native linux version which runs
beautifully at 1024x768 on my 845. I haven't had much luck with
Counterstrike + WINE, though others have. Google for it.
Damien
--

Using Linux on the Inspiron 1100: