Re: Sound Blaster Audigy and ati radeon 9800 not seen by kernel 2.4.18

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:38:54 -0400
Mental Patient <mental@neverlight.com> wrote:

> >I have a sound blaster audigy card and an ati radeon 9800, none of
> >them seem to be visible to the kernel 2.4.18 (woody source) that I
> >compiled. According to what I have seen, emu10k1 should work with
> >this card, but insmod is not working for the reason that the card is
> >invisible. Any ideas what could be the reason?
> >I am attaching some info hoping for some help. Thanks.
> >

> Use the latest cvs code for the emu10k chips. You can get it here
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1/
>
> Works fin with my Audigy and I believe it works with audigy2 cards as
> well.

Well, I followed the instructions, I installed the module, installed a few programs such as cdplay (don't remember what package contains it), but still no sound. At the command "cdplay" the CD drive gets activity, I don't get complains, but no sound. If I try "aumix" it tells me
aumix: error opening mixer
Any ideas?