Re: How do I install a second harddrive

On Friday 29 Aug 2003 7:38 pm, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Hi all,
> I know that sounds stoopid, but I'm having trouble finding info
> that tells me what I need to do to get a second harddrive on my system
> recognized by linux.
> When i boot the system dmesg clearly shows hdb as found.
> however I don't know what to do to see the contents (if any) of hdb in a
> program like gmc.
> So my question is
> 1) what do I use to 'see' the 2nd harddrive
> 2) how do I format it for use w/o messing up my 1st drive
> 3) how do I make it part of my existing filesystem
>
> I checked the archives for installing a second harddrive but no matches
> resulted
>
> thanks in advance
> Any help at all would be great.
> cc me your answers please
> mw

Hi
I think you need to format it and then mount it. You can mount it as /mnt but
you might want to have it as part of your filesystem. if this is the case
then I can't help you. As the sig says.....

good luck

pete
--
Someone esle can help you better than I can.

Every time I think that perhaps we are an advanced race, I turn around and
read ramblings on Slashdot, and realize I was wrong.