Re: VIA CPU's

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 14:23, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ron Johnson wrote:
> > The primary design goal of these x86 CPUs is low power usage.  In
> > fact, they just released a *passively cooled* 733MHz CPU.
>
> And? I have a 867 mhz transmeta cpu in my laptop. No fan. No heat
> issues. I think their newer models go up to 1 ghz.

Great!  When Transmeta pushes their chips into otherwise standard
kit, they'll sell like the C3 has been.  Until then, a laptop is
too expensive for most people.

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian
because I hate vegetables!"
unknown