Re: scsi device for cdrdao

Hello

Rick Pasotto (<rick@niof.net>) wrote:

> I am trying to create a vcd using cdrdao. I have been happily making
> cd's with cdrecord using dev=0,0 but when I try to use '--device
> 0,0,0' with cdrdao it says it can't open /dev/sg0. My cd burner is
> /dev/scd0.

Maybe it is a permission problem. On most installations, cdrecord runs
suid root. Maybe cdrdao does not. Check the permissions for cdrdao and
those for /dev/sg*. /dev/sg* device files normally are only
read/writable for root (and in this configuration should be usable with
cdrecord if it is suid root). Maybe you want to change group ownership
from root to cdrom and make them read/writable for group as well.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen