RE: some reality about iptables, please

> Beyond that, I'm willing to put in the time to learn.  I'm doing that
> now.
>
> Cheers,
> Bret

If you want to spend some time getting down and dirty with iptables and
Linux firewalls, I suggest reading a good book.
I have the first and second editions of 'Linux Firewalls' published by
New Riders and written by Robert Ziegler.
I have found them very informative and extremely helpful.
BTW, the first edition dealt with ipchains and the second edition with
iptables.

Get more information about the author here
http://linux-firewall-tools.com/linux/
or just buy it the book here
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/qe7qdiqfj4/sm/0735710996

-Jason