Re: Slow CD burning with k3b, cdrecord

Hello

Christof Hurschler (<hurschler@gmx.de>) wrote:

> I can't seem to get my 8x CDRW to record faster than 8x.

Well, if you have an 8x writer, you can not record faster than 8x.
That's why it is called "8x".

> I've let k3bsetup do it's thing, so I don't understand why I get the
> warnings below.

> [...]
> /usr/bin/cdrecord: Operation not permitted. WARNING: Cannot set
> RR-scheduler /usr/bin/cdrecord: Permission denied. WARNING: Cannot set
> priority using setpriority().
> /usr/bin/cdrecord: WARNING: This causes a high risk for buffer
> underruns.
> [...]

You probably get this warning because cdrecord is not suid root.  Check
the permissions. If you use SID, /usr/bin/cdrecord only is a script
that calls two different binaries: cdrecord.mmap and cdrecord.shm. In
this case you will have to check the permissions of these files. Maybe

dpkg-reconfigure cdrecord

can change the settings for you.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen