Re: Debian and KDE (Update 2)

On Thursday 28 Aug 2003 2:58 pm, William Bradley wrote:
> Once again, thank you to all who responded to the above.
>
> When logged in as "root" I can access "kppp" from the command line. I can
> also access it from the "Internet Dialer" icon from within KDE.
>
> As a user in KDE and using the "Internet Dialer" icon I am still getting:
>
> KDEInit could not launch 'kppp': Could not find 'kppp' executable.
>
> Something has to be modified somewhere but hanged if I know where. If
> anyone knows could you tell me the file that has to be modified.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Bill.
>
> --
> William Bradley
> Come visit us at:
> http://www.catholicmissionleaflets.org
> Free Rosaries available at the above.

hi

what you need to do is change the permissions on kppp. Open konqueror in Super
User mode. you will find the menu entry for this is in system>more programs.
go to /usr/bin and sroll down until you find the kppp entry. right click on
it to get the properties srceen. select the perrmissions tab and select the
exec/others option. then try kppp again.

Note: for changing perrmissions, which is what we are doing here, there is a
faster way from the command line. If any one knows this please post it.

hope this helps

pete