Re: VIA CPU's

Ron Johnson wrote:
On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 06:34, Chris Wilcox wrote:

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 00:05, Steve Lamb wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:21:57 +0200 (CEST)
Roberto Sanchez <rcsanchez97@yahoo.es> wrote:
<snip>

Actually, my old Athlon 850 was running a 25 cooler and my new 8 CoolerMaster cooler on an Athlon XP 2000+ runs the CPU cooler and WAY quieter! It's a Coolermaster CP5-8JD1F-0L and has a super-quiet 80mm fan which keeps my CPU under 55c, apparently it's good for CPU's up to the 3200+. It'll fit all SocketA CPU's so if you're Athlon 1Ghz is running noisy it may be worth a look!

What do you mean by "25 cooler" and "8 CoolerMaster"?

It's weird that the 'British Pound' currency sign did not show up in your mail. I could see a 'L' character (the sign for the British pound) before 25 and also 8 in the original mail on the list. However, in the forwarded part of your mail, the sign seems to have been stripped off. Interesting why that would happen?! I guess its probably some language encoding weirdness.

Look! the pound sign even shows up int he archives. Definately strange...

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200308/msg05059.html

Well, to answer your question he mean a cooler costing 25 pounds and another cooler costing 8 pounds.

HTH,
--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop