network configuration

Hello all. Almost there. Still working on this 486. Hopefully it will be a
routing, firewalling box. The 2 nics in this box are dlink 220 isa. I have
been able to determine that they both require the "ne" network module. The
problem is that I can not get both eth0 and eth1 working at the same time.
eth0: io=0x300 irq=10
eth1: io=0x240 irq=3
could someone kindly assist me initialising both cards. eth0 is to use dynamic
configuration and pull down a public ip from my isp, and eth1 will have a
private ip of 192.168.x x which is specified in a routing/firewalling script
i have. if anyone does respond, please dont assume I know much when
advising:)
thanks,
James