Re: VIA CPU's

 --- Tom Allison <tallison@tacocat.net> escribió:
> I am getting really curious about these new Via CPU's that work on the
> micro-ITX systems.  I especially like the idea that I can get a very
> functional machine with only 30W.
>
> But I'm just wondering if this is a little too good to be true.  Can I really
>
> get a reasonably functional machine from these machines?

I have not personally used them.  However, for some time I considered
purchasing
a Lindows laptop (to wipe the drive and install Debian) that had a 1 GHz VIA
CPU.  All the benchmarks I looked at put the 1 GHz VIA at about the same level
as a 400 - 500 MHz Pentium.  I believe it was something to do with cache and
pipelining.  But, there is no way even a P2-400 could come close to 30W.

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es