Install fails on SMP server

Hi,

I am trying to install a woody on my NCR S40 server using CD method. At
each try, the install fails either in transfer file time or in
depackaging/installing time.
The error message (when the system doesn't freeze or hang) is that
debootstrap returned an error, sometimes the 132 value.
It tried several methods but problem seems always appears :
 - starting with vanilla, compact, bf24 flavour
 - using aic7xxx= options (extended,unpause:0x0A,no_reset, ...)
 - using ftp instead cdrom (only depackaging/installing error )
I suppose the problem come from the scsi ccontroller card and/or disks. I
disconnected all disks except one. I never could make a complete check of
it, without having a segmentation fault error.

System description :
bi pentium 233
adaptec scsi controller card AIC-7880
8 scsi 4.3 Go disk in 2 LUN
1 scsi tape
1 scsi cdrom
Intel Ethernet PRO 10/100 adapter card (recognized and functionnal)
it seems having a usb root hub too.

Could someone give me some stuff to debug this problem ?

Thank per advance.

JBD