NT Installation - Seperate Drive Question

Hello all,

this is the unimportant back story:

I love games, I own an XBOX (save your boo's for later please, I enjoy
it :)), and I used to play games on my PC (winNT style) I had heard
about Wine, WineX, and other "emulators" (maybe not the best word, if
you can suggest a better one, please inform me) that can and do run
certain native WIN programs/games on Linux.

I have also heard that there are some problems with these WIN
applications. I have witnessed them myself, I cannot get my games to
work. I know that this is my fault, and nobody elses.

So, instead of trying to "make" them work, or even install in some
circumstances; I have chosen to turn an old, dusty hard-drive I have
lying around back into an XP system (maybe win2k, I have all their major
releases).

this is the meat of the question:

Can I essentially:
-"detach" my debian-installed drives
-attach a "blank" drive (it would be the last IDE slot)
-install XP onto that disk (letting XP muck around with the MBR (on it's
own drive))
-re-attach the debian drives (leaving the XP drive attached, at the end
of the drive order)
-add some information to LILO (to point to the newly installed XP
system)
-choose what I want to do at boot-time: play games - or - everything
else?

Is this all possible? Or did I make something up, that is either way too
complex, or simply not pratical?

I'm aware that I could of left winNT on my computer, and THEN installed
Linux, but I did not have the foresight to do this (stupid me:)).

I am also aware that it is possible to install winNT after installing
Linux/GNU, but I have heard (from the dual-boot howto at tldp.org, and
other un-rememberable places (is that even a word?)) that it is complex.

I am NOT asking for steps on how to accomplish this, I wouldn't do such
a thing to you guys/gals; what I am asking is if it is possible, and if
it is way too complex for a newbie like me to do.

thank you all for your time,
amg