Re: lilo vga= problems after new kernel build

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:09:06 +0200,
Olivier (skyshadow) Robert <skyshadow@ifrance.com> wrote in message
<[🔎] 20030826220906.GA2059@debian.le-caillon.net>:

> Hi,
>
> Just built a new 2.4.22 kernel.(Previous one was the standard
> installation 2.4.18-bf2.4)
>
> It's working as expected but my vga=790 setting in lilo makes trouble.

..ok, since you're gonna reboot a lot now, try 'linux 1 vga=799' etc
down to 'linux 1 vga=788', or 'linux 1 vga=ask' for an _ugly_ font.

> 	* If set, my display won't show anything: black is black ;-)
> 	* If unset, all boot messages re-appear, as does xdm and I can
> 	log in and enjoy fluxbox.
>
> This is kind of annoying because I like my consoles at 1024x768.
>
> Could someone help me out here?
>
> PS: I did not play with the frame buffer (not activated during kernel
> setup)

..no?  _Boooooooooo_, drop that silly vga=dream.on,
and activate and recompile etc.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: