Re: Re: Problems with xserver-xfree86

It would probably be helpful to give the exact transcript of what you
tried to do: which packages did you install with which tool, and what
error message did you get.

The statement that there is no existing config file can simply be
informational, but of course the necessary file should be created at
the end of the install.

Offhand, the only way I would think something could go wrong would be
if you installed some part of X without installing all its required
packages; the basic configuration files are setup in some base
packages that are shared by many of the other X packages
(xfree86-common, I think).