Re: TV-out without X

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 17:18, Sebastian Helms wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my Linux box is running woody, but without X.
>
> I'd like to play DivX videos on this machine, still without X,
> viewing the output over the TV-out port of the video card.
>
> My questions are:
>
> - is this possible?
> - is there a non-X DivX-capable media player?
> - which video card with TV-out would be best for this?

Yes, it is possible.

mplayer supports playing DivX movies outside of X. Look at the -vo
option. I use -vo vesa, though depending on your setup some of the other
modes may work.

The only way I've EVER done TV-out from a computer has been with my
laptop, which is using an ATI Mobility M4.

Hope that helps. :)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837