Re: Checking what's installed

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:40:22 +0900
Nick Hastings <hastings@bmail.kek.jp> wrote:

> * Kevin McKinley <ronin2@bellatlantic.net> [030826 10:29]:

> > > dpkg -l | grep ^ii
> >
> > dpkg -l works just fine, since it only reports the installed
> > packages.
>
> I beg to differ:
>
> hastings@twofish ~ 9%  dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii | wc
>     126     952    8173
>

> Seems there are 126 that are not both installed and desired. It shows
> all the packages that it knows about.

It seems to list all packages installed or packages removed but not
purged.

jkoenig@note:~$ dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii

Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
uppercase=bad)
=======
rc  telnet         0.17-20        The telnet client.

I replaced telnet with telnet-ssl. It had a few other packages, but I
took the opportunity to purge them. I had been looking for a way to find
out what packages had been removed but not purged.
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Flogging Molly - These Exiled Years : Swagger