Re: OS X as Client, and Debian as backbone?

Hej,

Thanks for the very detailed answer. It helped me a lot, and I will
check the links out.

I managed to find out that the problems are related to
1) Dynamic automounting of NFS
2) NIS and Password Shadowing
3) Old version of NFS

But no more details than this.
Hopefully this will be fixed in 10.2.6

Will get the PowerBook 12" and connect it up.... :)

Thanks

/Bengt

Zoran's mailinglist account wrote:
| Le 11/08/2003 15:58, « Bengt Thurée » <bengt@zag.att.ne.jp> a écrit :
|

|>Hej,
|>
|>I have heard some rumours that this combination (using
|>Macintosh OS X as clients and Linux as a backbone (fileserver))
|>do not work perfectly.
|

| *** There were issues with previous OS X versions but ever since the
10.2.6
| update things have changed. I'm interested to know what you heard and
where?

|>I have tried to search for information on Google, as well as
|>in other places, but so far not come up with anything concrete.
|

| *** Yes, I have had the same problem. I think it's either because the
system
| is too new or the Mac admin's are not used in using UNIX-like systems and
| look for help on the Net. I think they'll rather call Apple support
and get
| help from them. Of course Apple keeps its mouth shut and publishes the
| 10.2.6 patch instead... :-\
|
| <snip>
<snip>