Re: What to expect after XP installation on the other disc

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:56:00 -0700 (PDT)
Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The computer I'm using has two hard discs:
>  /dev/hda Windows ME
>  /hev/hdb Linux Debian
>
> Because Windows ME is slow and buggy, my dad wants to
> replace it with XP;
> What are the risks - will XP mess with the boot loader
> or something? Is there more I should be affraid of?

Go here for a tutorial on using grub and making a Grand Unified Boot
Floppy :)

Play with it a little and ensure you can use it to boot to Linux before you
install XP.

Once XP is installed reinstall grub, and in menu.lst add a stanza like this:

title		Windows XP
rootnoverify	(hd0,0)
chainloader +1
boot