Re: OO and locales

Raffaele Sandrini(rasa@gmx.ch) is reported to have said:
> Hi
>
> Why does my OpenOffice not honor my locale settings?
> "locale" says:
> LANG=de_CH
> LC_CTYPE="de_CH"
> LC_NUMERIC="de_CH"
> LC_TIME="de_CH"
> LC_COLLATE="de_CH"
> LC_MONETARY="de_CH"
> LC_MESSAGES="de_CH"
> LC_PAPER="de_CH"
> LC_NAME="de_CH"
> LC_ADDRESS="de_CH"
> LC_TELEPHONE="de_CH"
> LC_MEASUREMENT="de_CH"
> LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_CH"
> LC_ALL=
>
> The languguage is German in OO but thats only becuase i only have the german
> package installed, however all the measurments and formats are in inches and
> so on. That makes OO nearly  usable...
>
> Is there a way around that?

If(?) you are asking how to get your tabs, etc to show in metric
units.  Click on Tools->Text Document->General and select the desired
Measurement unit.  If that wasn't the question, I'm not sure I
understand.

--
Plug-and-Play is really nice, unfortunately it only works 50% of the time.
To be specific the "Plug" almost always works.            --unknown source