Soundcard Via8233 doesn`t work with Debian woody kernel 2.4.20

Hello,

I`ma a newbie and installed woody. Had a little
trouble with the winmodem, but finally compiled the
drivers. What doesn't work is the soundcard. My dmesg
is here:

http://www.prodigyweb.net.mx/srsd/dmesg.htm

Installed alsa-drivers 0.9.0beta09, with libs and
utils. However, utils doesn't compile, says there's a
problem with a directory.

When I rund sndconfig, it doesn't work, neither does
modconf nor alsaconf. Kudzu also doesn't work.

Compiled a new kernel (2.4.21) and configured the
soundcard while doing make config. Still didn't work.

Frankly I don't know what else to do.

TIA