Re: WD internal eide160 gb 40-pin recommended packages

> On Tuesday 19 August 2003 04:05 pm, Antonio Rodr wrote:
> > What are the recommended packages for proper recognition and
> > functioning of a WD internal eide160 gb 40-pin hard disk? Planning
> > to install woody in it.
>
> Disks are more of a bios or kernel issue, most kernels by default are
> setup to handle atapi drives. That said I like to have hwtools &
> hdparm installed on IDE systems.
> - --
> Greg Madden

Well, using the nonus cd for woody 3.0, at the partitioning step, cfdisk was able to see only 137 gb. Is this a problem for that cfdisk version, fixed later?
Or may be I should install the optional ultra ata controller card that came in the package? They (WD people) mentioned that it was a windows isue, that's why I didn't consider it from the beginning.