tetex and src-specials

I have noticed a problem with the inclusion of src-specials with tetex
(2.0.2-4.2). The problem is this:

  In the /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf, I have the following line:
     src_specials = par

  I run latex filename.tex and get filename.dvi

  In xdvi when I ctrl+click on a line, I get the message window telling
  that no src-specials were included in the file.

  But, when I rul latex --src-specials=par filename, I have no problem
  in getting the file opened in vim and cursor positioned properly.

Is there some other thing that needs to be set to include src-specials
by default?

--
Sridhar M.A.

Anger kills as surely as the other vices.