Mozilla/Galeon wav plugin revisited

Hi.

A while ago I asked about Mozilla/Galeon and wav plugin support, running
unstable.

In Mozilla I set up the audio/x-wav handler to be /usr/bin/play, which
works beautifully for some sites
(eg.  http://www.uiowa.edu/~chinese/pinyin/part1.htm), while on some
other sites, (eg. http://www.ezlearnchinese.com/lesson1.html) it pops up
a message claiming that no plugin support audio/x-wav, with no option to
choose an external handler, or to use the already set up handler.

In Galeon, I have a slightly more sticky problem. On the first site, it
does go through the normal Galeon (I assume that means Gnome2)
channels.  However, the only choices are XMMS and Sound Recoder.

If I choose XMMS, the wav file is put on my XMMS play list, but it won't
play, even if I press play. The Sound Recorder option does nothing. Even
if XMMS did work, this is not really what I want, since it messes up my
music playlist.

I did try chaning the audio -> Wave Audio handler, under gnome
preferences:///Advanced to use /usr/bin/play, but this seems to have no
effect on Galeon.

Galeon shows exactly the same behaviour as Mozilla on the second site.

Thanks
Neilen

--
Neilen <brick@adept.co.za>