Re: Linux defragmenter?

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, John Foster wrote:

> I have been at this for a while (since the early 90's) & I have yet to
> need to run any kind of defrag utility on any Linux distro.
> I did not see what is the reason for you considering this...but I
> strongly advise against it. If you are having some problem maybe there
> is another solution.

Mostly a case of seeing if anything had changed in defrag in the last few
years.  I do have some systems here that are heavily fragmented(and on my
home machines i have filesystems reporting 60-80% fragmentation via e2fsck),
but haven't taken the time to see if it's adversely affecting performance
yet.

Mike