Re: woody, libc6-2.3 and kernel 2.4.18

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:51:20 +0200
Gregory Soyez <g.soyez@ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> just installed woody on my laptop. Things went fine and I installed
> the kernel 2.4.18, but it seems that the 'sis900' driver (network
> card) works only properly with the kernel 2.4.21.
> Since I cannot configure the network, it downloaded the kernel package
> and its dependences from another computer, burned them on a CD and
> installed them using dpkg.
> In these dependences, I needed to upgrade to libc6-2.3. In order to do
> so, must I olny install libc6-2.3 and libdb1-compat or is there
> anything else required ?

jkoenig@note:~$ apt-cache show apt-zip
<snip>
media
 These scripts simplify the process of using dselect and apt on a
 non-networked Debian box, using removable media like ZIP floppies.
 One generates a `fetch' script (supporting backends such as wget and
 lftp, in a modular, extensible way) to be run on a host with better
 connectivity, check space constraints of your removable media, and
 then install the package on your Debian box.
 .
 Note on current version: space-checking is not done and spanning
 multiple disks is not yet supported.

jkoenig@note:~$

Is that what you are looking for?
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Blackalicious - Deception : Nia