Re: OT: Re: rms on debian : background noise

Ethics. how many of us have ethics? It's funny how people are so into
killing our idols when they "betray us".
interesting thread.

happy birthday debian.
I am free.

>>He clearly states his principles, and as far as I know he lives by
them.
That's better than most people can say (including me).

That's without even considering that he pretty much started the
free/open
source software movement all by himself. I'm not saying that he's
responsible himself for everything that happened, but that without him
leading the way (with prodigious programming as well as preaching) I
don't
believe there would be a Linux at all.

IMO the reason RMS is so irritating is that he reminds us how we don't
live
up to our principles.