Re: No sound under Flash

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 01:53:00PM -0700, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> > Please specify which browser you are using. If you
> > are using mozilla
> > then you get to choose how sound will be handled
> > during configuration.
> >
> > dpkg-reconfigure mozilla
> >
> > should ask you which program you want to handle
> > sound:
> > esd
> > arts
> > automatic
> > none (/dev/dsp)
> >
> > or something along those lines.
> >
> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:02:54 +0200 Nicos Gollan wrote:
> >
> > Are you running KDE? If so, try disabling full
> > duplex mode for arts (in the
> > "Sound & Multimedia" settings). If that doesn't
> > work, disable arts
> > altogether. Worked for me and was mentioned on this
> > list last week or so.
>
> Sorry, I should have given more info.
>
> I am using Opera 7.11, but Mozilla 1.0 also delivers
> no sound.  Executing dpkg-reqonfigure mozilla does
> nothing.  I just return to my prompt after a second,
> or two.  Konqueror, although it says that the flash
> plugin is installed, does not display anything, just a
> blank, white screen.  BTW, my window manager is fvwm2.

Sorry about that,
dpkg-reconfigure mozilla-browser

mozilla is just a empty package that depends on mozilla-browser and
mozilla-mail.

I don't know anything about opera.

Btw if you just want this to be able to play games you might want to
check out the games that are already available in Debian.
Mirror Magic, Rocks and Diamonds, many variants of sokoban and tetris,
are quite fun. There's a risk game (xfrisk) that's quite good, and so
on.

Bijan