Re: ACPI sleep - time/date problem

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 01:29, Paul Miller wrote:
> I'm trying to get ACPI sleep working on a Dell I8500 laptop.  Currently,
> it will go to sleep, but the time/date also go to sleep.  When it wakes
> up, Linux reports the time/date that it went to sleep.  Is there some way
> to automatically save the time to the hardware clock and restore the time
> upon waking up?
>
> kernel 2.4.21 w/ ACPI patch, Debian sid...
>
> Thanks!
> -Paul

Your question might be better answered on the linux-dell-laptops list
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/linux-dell-laptops). I've seen many Dell
I8500 users on the list, who may have an answer to your question. I'm
sure it is possible, as the SWSUSP I'm using saves the correct time to
the hardware clock and gets hardware time when resumed (from
hibernation, that is).
Good luck
Damien
--