Re: rms on debian

* Kevin Mark <kevin@pacific.net.au> [2003-08-17 15:06]:
>  RMS: When I recommend a GNU/Linux distribution, I choose based on
> ethical considerations. Today I would recommend GNU/LinEx,

Hmm. I respect Mr Stallman's ethical position, but shouldn't he
be a bit more consistent? If he wants to credit GNU as in GNU/Linux,
shouldn't he also credit Linux as in GNU/Linux? Has the government
of Extramadura written a kernel called LinEx that can be run as the
kernel of a GNU system? Quite seriously, recognising the role that GNU
has had to play, I think it's equally necessary to recognise the role
of Linux. Why should anybody call it GNU/Linux over Linux if RMS endorses
GNU/LinEx?