Re: ISA network cards

Hello

jleclair (<jleclair@onlinesupport.com>) wrote:

> Can anyone assist me installing a d-link 220 isa nic? The OS is woody,
> and the platform is intel 486. The install routine doesnt see the
> card. Have also tried a few modules but no auto-probing was
> successful. Guess I have been spoiled with PCI plug n play! A nod to a
> good link with documentation or whatever would be great. Thanks, James

The card seems to be supported by the ne module. If you want to use it
with plug and play, make sure the isa-pnp module is loaded first (I
think only kernel 2.4 has this). You can also specify the irq and i/o
values manually. And you can take a look at the isapnptools package.
And of course going to google.com or groups.google.com and searching
for something like "d-link 220 isa kernel module" will probably give
you some information.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--