Re: 'apt-get update' crashes

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 10:30:10PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 12:15:42AM -0400, Nathan Weston wrote:
> > I have both stable and unstable in my sources.list, for and for about
> > the last week, apt-get update keeps failing with the following error:
> >
> > Reading Package Lists... Error!
> > E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
>
> Please search the archives or even google with your error messages prior
> to posting.  This has been covered several times in the archives and is
> easy to find with any search engine.

s/several/bazillions/.  This has settled down a bit lately (or maybe I'm
just mentally filtering it out), but this came up nearly every day at
one point.  Googling for "dynamic mmap" produces ~21 000, and at least
the first two dozen link to the question being answered on various
mailing lists.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:      STARLAN gamma Iran War Crimes LABLINK class struggle FSF