Re: Suggestion for Common Third Party Install system

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 00:53, Nicos Gollan wrote:

> This sounds awfully like an extended version of stow. It'd be nice to
see
> that.

Hmm, having looked up stow, I see what you mean. The only thing is that
stow, as far as I can tell, tries to do it for everything, which
apt/dpkg already does better. This is only for 3rd party stuff, and is
meant to provide ease of use to the end user.

Plus, once I've cleared up the details, I'll actually write some scripts
to make it happen.

Edward