Re: Fetchmail stuck on bad messages

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 06:42:08AM -0400, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:

> This is exim's response to fetchmail.  You have exim's syntax checking
> turned on, so it will reject any incoming message which is
> syntactically not a valid email message.  This is a good feature if
> your MTA receives mail directly from the internet because it blocks a
> fair amount of junk.
> Since you are using exim 3, make sure the variables
> 'headers_check_syntax' and 'headers_sender_verify' are set to false.

Thanks dman, good guess.  But I had the line

# headers_check_syntax

commented out in my exim.conf.  Just to be sure, though, I did it your
way.  I did not have a headers_sender_verify, so I added it.  So I now
have:

headers_check_syntax = false
headers_sender_verify = false

I restarted both exim and fetchmail, but I still have a logjam.
However, based on your suggestion, I checked my /var/log/exim/mainlog
and found this (apparently once for each bad header):

2003-08-15 07:43:58 unqualified recipient rejected:
 <epting> H=debian (localhost) [127.0.0.1]

In my exim.conf I have:

qualify_domain = localhost
# qualify_recipient =
local_domains = localhost:localhost

which seems to be the right thing.  Does anybody have any other
suggestions?

--
Michael Epting (epting@ix.netcom.com)