Re: retrieving emails to an exchange via linux?

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:12:56PM +0800, Louie Miranda wrote:
> > Exchange was designed to work with the Microsoft Outlook mail client, so
> if you want access
> > to the Exchange server from within Linux you will need an Exchange aware
> mail client.
>
> Found this thru google.com
>
> Im looking for a similar one, but its free and using terminal/console based
> linux app.
> Is there such a thing for linux?

When I worked at a place that used Exchange I could use any generic IMAP
client to read mail, and any LDAP client to query the Exchange global
address book. Other people used POP3 to get their mail. I don't know if
these things are all enabled by default in Exchange or if they require
extra configuration, but it's worth trying. I know that mutt can connect
to IMAP servers, I think recent versions of pine can too. fetchmail can
also pull mail down via POP3 or IMAP.

--
Michael Heironimus