New Install Doesn't Boot from HD

Hi,

Just built a new box I'll use as a server at home. On that reboot during the installation process of Woody, I had to boot from floppy.

I don't think it's a BIOS issue. I had CD, Floppy, HD0 as the boot order, and even tried HD0, HD1, HD2 and it still wouldn't boot from the HD. (I have 1 HD as Primary Master and 1 CDRW as Secondary Master and that's it.) I'm using the Asus A7N8X Mobo.

Perhaps I messed up the partitioning. I did /boot as 16MB at the front of the drive, a 2GB swap partition next, and then ~120GB as the root filesystem. I have 1GB RAM, but perhaps a 2GB swap partition is excessive and that old rule of thumb about swap sizes has outlived its usefulness?

What should I check?

--
Brian                                                  ,''`.
Try a free operating system at http://www.debian.org  : :' :