Question about GnuPG subkeys

Hi,

My gpg key has two encryption subkeys. I use "-r KEYID" to specify which
subkey is used for encryption. However, when I decrypt files, the output
message always shows information about the last encryption subkey,
indicating the file is always encrypted by the last subkey. Does this
mean "-r KEYID" is not functional or there is a bug in the output
message? Is there another way to check which subkey is used for
encryption of an encrypted file?

Thanks in advance.

Qian

PS: I am using woody with gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.6