From: Greg Folkert [mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 2:17 PM
To: Debian-User
Subject: Re: Bind Error message: update '1.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN'

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 15:46, John M. Purser wrote:
> Hello,
> My /var/log/messages has a lot of lines that look like:
> Aug 12 08:29:55 lan named[244]: client update
> '1.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN' denied
> Aug 12 08:34:55 lan named[244]: client update
> '1.168.192.in-addr.arpa/IN' denied
> The client involved is my win2k machine on the internal network which can
> use the dns server running on my debian woody box for name resolution.
> I wasn't home today at 8:30.  So what the dickens does this mean?

Ummm, turn of the Dynamic DNS Cruft in W2K and WXP.

It the "update DNS automatically" setting in the advanced portion of the
TCP/IP in W2k/WXP.

OT at Best... but worth while.

greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

I find your eye sockets to be a wondrous amusement park filled with
neo-plastic pleasures and oncogenic delights.