Re: pdf readers

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 14:12, gaspard@zeus.UGent.be wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, MJM wrote:
> > The navigation on non-Acrobat readers is rudimentary or non-existent.
> > Any way to improve navigation in them?  I'm reading a 2000+ page document
> > so navigation would be helpful.
>
> What about kghostview?

Only gives pages numbers - not section numbers and titles.  Uses gs 6.53.
The upstream source has 8.x available.

> Although the the find function doesn't work, the rest of the navigation is
> OK.
>
> You could also install acroread on Linux...

THinking about doing this.  I've done it from the upstream tarball on other
installations.  Not finding a package in my current sources list.  I use
stable.  I found unofficial sites for unstable with acroread:
http://martin.quinson.free.fr/deb.html
http://marillat.free.fr/dists/unstable/main/binary-i386/Packages

Is it OK to install packages for unstable on stable?  It seems unsavory.

--
Mike Mueller