Re: pdf readers

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 13:17, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 13:10:21 -0400, MJM wrote:
> > If anyone else has ghostview vs xpdf vs acrobat vs ??? stories or
> > comments I'd like to read them.
>
> I use xpdf on my PPC laptop since gv renders some PDF documents
> very badly and acrobat doesn't exist here.

Begging to differ with you:

   duke:~# apt-cache policy acroread
   acroread:
     Installed: 5.07-woody0.0
     Candidate: 5.07-woody0.0
     Version Table:
    *** 5.07-woody0.0 0
           500 http://marillat.free.fr testing/main Packages
           500 http://marillat.free.fr unstable/main Packages
           100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Not that it is as current as I'd like (v6) but it'll have to do. All the
other renderers crap out on most things some things that are simple.
Acroread doesn't play nice with FontConfig... so it is a bit choppy at
times.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

You look like someone who has lunched poorly and who has no expectations
for dinner.