Re: hot boxes and power consumption

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
tallison@tacocat.net wrote:

> This weekend I finally carpeted my office and decided that it would be
> really need to move all 4 computers into that one room (11' x 8').
>
> It's now a good 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the house.
>
> I think I'll be moving most of them back out of that room.
>
> But it brought me to another question.
>
> Even though I have power supplies that add up to >1400 watts I know
> that isn't really the case because the fuses haven't blown.
>
> Does anyone have any information or methods which might determine what
> a"typical" computers power consumption might be?

http://www.google.com/linux?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=normal+computer+power+usage

The first hit seems relevant.

Also, a page from cr.yp.to that gives power usage in the far right
column:
http://cr.yp.to/hardware/advice.html
--
-johann koenig
Now Playing: Down For Low - Glass House : Down For Low