OS X as Client, and Debian as backbone?

Hej,

I have heard some rumours that this combination (using
Macintosh OS X as clients and Linux as a backbone (fileserver))
do not work perfectly.

I have tried to search for information on Google, as well as
in other places, but so far not come up with anything concrete.

I am very interested in getting rid of using Windows XP as clients,
and using OS X instead. Ok, another so called monopoly, but atleast
stability, "unix", and nice design.

Do anyone have any comments on this combination, or where can I
find more information?
What will work, and what will not work?
What problems can I anticipate?

Thanks in advance