Re: Exim configuration

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 03:51:14AM +0100, Engosh wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:35:03 +0100
> "Antony Gelberg" <antony@antgel.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Engosh wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to configure a mail server at home. I'm using exim,
> > > fetchmail and procmail. By now I can send mails to my box from local,
> > > but I don't know what I have to do to be able to receive mails from
> > > the internet. Do you know how to do it?
> > >
> > > Thanx.
> > >
> > > Engosh
> >
> > Have you RTFM?
> >

> I'm sorry but I don't know what RTFM means... ;)

Well, literally, it means Read The Fucking Manual. It is slang, commonly
used in newsgroups and mailing lists. Generally, a question like 'have
you RTFM?' means that your issue is well documented in the manual.

In your case, you could try running eximconfig and answering the
questions. Of course, for your mail addresses to work from the internet,
you should have a valid domain name. An e-mail address like
johndoe@myserver.somedomain.net only works if your computer is
accessible from the internet as myserver.somedomain.net.

BTW, you might want to check your system date. It is set to Friday, 1st
of January, 1999. Unless you have discovered time-travel or we
mysteriously communicate through a wormhole, this is not correct.

HTH, David