Re: where to change WM manually

"Nyc0n" <nyc0njunkmail@comcast.net> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

(Please post to the list in plain text only, not HTML.)

> Where does debian and or linux select the window manager at boot?

Not at boot; when you run 'startx' or log in via a display manager.

> I installed enlightenment and would like to use that instead of the
> default WM and would like to change it manually

Probably the most straightforward way is to edit .xsession in your
home directory.  If you don't have one, it tries to run a default
session manager or window manager.  Creating the file to look like

  #!/bin/sh
  exec enlightenment

should do.  If you want to start other things when you log in, that's
also pretty straightforward:

  #!/bin/sh
  xsetroot -solid rgbi:0.0/0.0/0.5
  xwrits typetime=6:30 breaktime=0:30 &
  xscreensaver &
  exec enlightenment

I don't remember if this is necessary, but 'ln -s .xsession .xinitrc'
might be helpful in getting the same environment from 'startx' as a
*dm login.

	-- Abra Mitchell