Re: Strange net problem (MAC-adress?)

Hello

ZekeVarg (<ZekeVarg@linux.se>) wrote:

> When I log out from X to install nvidia-driver I get a very strange
> problem,this lines keep appering over and over again:
>
> IN=eth0 OUT= MAC= SRC="my ipnumber" DST="my ipnumber" LEN=140 T
> OS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TIL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=138 DTP=138 LEN=257
>
> Could it have something to do with the lokkit firewall setup?
> Running a consol under X is no problem.

According to /etc/services, port 138 shown in the message is used for
NETBIOS Datagram Service. I think this is related to samba, not to
XFree.

The firewall logs these messages, and your system probably is configured
to display them on a console. Take a look at /etc/syslog.conf or your
firewall configuration.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--