moving partitions

I'm slowly working my way through an installation and have arrived at the point where I need to move partitions.

I did a minimal installation and added lvm partitions.

I now want to move the existing sections, like /usr/ to it's own lvm partition (/dev/vg/usr/ instead of somewhere on /dev/hda3)

Is this what I do:

    mount /dev/vg/usr /mnt
    cp -a /usr/* /mnt/
    umount /mnt

and so on for each partition.

Then edit the fstab file accordingly and reboot.

I have one question though. If I do this, then how do I remove the partitions under the original /usr directory (/dev/hda3) if /usr is now mapped to /dev/vg/???
--
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may work."