SAMBA setup from newbie

Hi!

I have just install Samba by running:
apt-get -t testing install samba

then I would like to try listing the shares available
on my server by running:
smbclient -L knight(myhostname)

but the computer output:
bash: smbclient: command not found

after I run testparm it outputs:
Processing section "[homes]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE

# Global parameters
[global]
 workgroup = GODDESS OFFICE
 server string = %h server (Samba %v)
 obey pam restrictions = Yes
 passdb backend = tdbsam, guest
 passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
 passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword: %n\n .
 syslog = 0
 log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
 max log size = 1000
 dns proxy = No
 wins support = Yes
 invalid users = root

[homes]
 comment = Home Directories
 create mask = 0700
 directory mask = 0700
 browseable = No

I am also using Windows XP.  I can see my linux
computer in XP, but it never activate when I typed in
login and password.  I just want to work the files
between XP and linux, and store the files in linux.

Best regards,
Terence