Offline aptitude? (line-wrapped)

Maintaining as I do a number of machines with poor connectivity to the
internet, I make heavy use of the technique described in the "APT Offline
Usage Guide" to upgrade packages on these systems.

However, I now find that I need something even more powerful: offline
aptitude!  The situation is, a couple of machines need to be somewhat
repurposed, and the best way to get the exact package scheme I want
(including a lot of selective upgrades and manual conflict resolution) that
I have so far found is to use aptitude.  If I can get it to work in a
similar "offline" mode, that is.

So far, I have convinced the thing to use the same fake apt-tree that
offline APT uses, which means that it works just fine for downloading the
needed packages.  I also got it to write out a log of actions taken, so
technically I have all the information I need to perform the upgrades.

What would be really wonderful, though, would be to convince aptitude to
save the selections I made into a file, which I could then feed into
aptitude on the offline end (along with the downloaded packages) to perform
the actions automatically.  Otherwise I'm going to spend a lot of time
manually removing deselected packages in between installations and
upgrades.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this?  Bonus points if I can both
download the packages, *and* save the selections, without doing the
selection work twice.

Many thanks,
...Michael

PS. Sorry, this version properly line-wrapped