Re: nfs mount takes a really long time

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 13:55, nori heikkinen wrote:
> trying to mount nfs partitions.  they eventually work, but they take
> 46 minutes, and give errors like:
>
> lock_d up: no pid, 2 users??
>
> in the process.  which is weird as shit.
>
> i was using kernel 2.4.21; i downgraded to 2.4.20, thinking it was
> maybe a kernel bug, but no luck -- same problem.
>
> i have nfs in my kernel -- of course, because these mounts eventually
> work, just an hour later!  weird.
>
> what's five times more infuriating is that this just works out of the
> box on redhat.
Of course this would be the Machine you just installed right? Using the
chroot install?

If it is, then look at your Ethernet Config. If I remember right you had
a GB Ethernet card.. something tells me you are using auto-neg on that
card. Gig ENET cards are notorious for NOT doing nego properly, even if
they are connected to 100Mb (being copper) or anything else.

Set the card using ethtool. (apt-get install ethtool)

If not, then I am guessing I need more info.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

Your presence reminds one of a blind jackal, eternally dependent upon
misguided archbishops to provide instruction in bowling.